As mentioned in my previous post about keeping food in your cupboards as a fundamental element of happiness, I’ve compiled an extensive shopping list which will keep your pocket healthy and your stomach happy.
Please note: All items on this list are for own-brand goods or budget-stores like Aldi or Herron’s, you can buy branded goods but this will stretch your budget. This shopping list will last you a week.
- 4pc Chicken Breast (usually cheaper bought whole rather than diced)
- 4pc White fish fillets
- Packet of bacon
- Chicken wings/thighs/legs (go for what ever is cheapest)
- 625g Cheese (Tesco is expensive for cheese, avoid)
- 2 x 4pts. 1% fat whole milk (purple top in Tesco for £1, full fat whole milk in PoundLand £1)
- Packet of pork sausages
- Butter (97p Tesco)
- Frozen Mixed Veg’
- 1kg Rice
- tinned goods – baked beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, kidney beans, lentils, haricot beans
- 2 tubes tomato puree (usually £1 each, often buy one get one free)
- 2 bottles of Double Strength Orange Squash (Tesco, less than 50p each) or triple strength to go a little further (worth an extra few pence)
- 2 x Crumpets
- 3 x Bread (Bakers Soft, Tesco £1 each is my favourite)
- 2 x Pitta bread
- Fresh Fruit/Veg’
- Mixed peppers
Click here to find a budget four weekly meal planner and a link to a website for recipes featured on the meal planner.
I hope you find this as useful as I did.
from Dr. Live Happy.